Online Receptionist Skills Training Course
Our one day Receptionist Skills training course will show those who work on reception how to create a great first impression for your business.
This Online Receptionist Skills Training Course provides the skills and knowledge needed for those working on reception to provide a great first impression for your business.
Course Delivery Options
Online Course Details
We run our Receptionist Skills course as a virtual online training course. The course provides a practical toolkit and is delivered across one day. Despite being online, we try to keep these sessions as interactive as our classroom based courses.
Virtual Online Courses are delivered live by one of our trainers via our online conference system and form part of our online and virtual training service Skills Garage.
Here’s our current online Receptionist Skills training course schedule. To book, select a date below and click Book Now. We’ll send the details of how to connect to your course a few days before the course date.
3 + Delegates
9.30am to 4.00pm
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
This Online Receptionist Skills Training Course aims to provide those who work in reception areas with the skills and behaviours needed to deliver exceptional service to visitors and customers (both internal and external), providing a great first impression.
Those who attend this Receptionist Skills Training Course will:
- Understand the importance of the role of reception and the receptionist
- Know what skills to use and behaviours to demonstrate to provide an excellent service and a great first impression
- Be able to demonstrate skills to work in a friendly but efficient manner
- Know how to deal with irate people and complex requests effectively
Here’s what we cover in our Online Receptionist Skills Training Course:
The Role of Reception and Receptionist
- What is the role of reception and receptionist
- The objectives of the receptionist
- Key challenges faced by the receptionist
- What do visitors and customers expect of a receptionist
Skills and Behaviours of a Receptionist
- The skills needed to be an effective receptionist
- The behaviours a receptionist should demonstrate
- Giving a bad impression
- Looking at the individual skills (i.e. empathy, questioning, assertiveness, communication etc.)
- Communication styles
- Questioning and listening
Right First Impression
- Being aware of your body language, voice and the words you use
- Maintaining a calm and friendly approach even when it’s busy
- Being pro-active during quieter times
- Ensuring people have a great experience with reception
Dealing with Complaints, Irate People and Complex Queries
- Understanding the common complaints made to reception and how to deal with them
- Diffusing anger and irate people
- Understanding complex requests and dealing with them efficiently
We can deliver this Receptionist Skills training course as an in-house virtual course for your business.
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are normally one day in length and we deliver them in all subjects that are available on our site.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
To find out more about having an in-house virtual online time management training course delivered for your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for. Alternatively you can call us on 015549779.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.