Online Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course
Our one day Online Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course will provide an introductory overview of the use and functions of Microsoft Word.
Many of us need to use Microsoft Word in our jobs or personal life to produce a range of documents.
Our Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course is designed to provide those that attend with the basics of how to use this very much used software.
Course Delivery Options
Online Course Details
We run our Microsoft Word Fundamentals course as a virtual online training course. The course provides a practical toolkit and is delivered across one day. Despite being online, we try to keep these sessions as interactive as our classroom based courses.
Virtual Online Courses are delivered live by one of our trainers via our online conference system and form part of our online and virtual training service Skills Garage.
Here’s our current online Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course schedule. To book, select a date below and click Book Now. We’ll send the details of how to connect to your course a few days before the course date.
3 + Delegates
9.30am to 4.00pm
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
- Basic PC knowledge is required and a basic understanding of your operating system (Windows or MacOS)
- The software installed on your PC
- Access to Zoom via the Zoom app or your browser
Those who attend this Microsoft Word Fundamentals Training Course will be able to:
- Create a variety of documents using Microsoft Word
- Format Microsoft word documents
- Set up pages
- Open, Save and Print documents
The Basics of Microsoft Word
- The Word Window
- Working with the ribbon and commands
- Using the help facility
Navigating Word and Creating Documents
- Creating, Saving and Closing documents
- Opening existing documents
- Using templates to create documents
- Entering, editing and deleting text and images
- Selection techniques
- Using different views i.e. print layout
- Using other functions such as find and replace
- Changing the font, text size, colour and effects
- Using paragraphs (justification, indents etc)
- Line spacing
- Page breaks
- Adding a border and shading to your document
- Cut, copy and pasting
- Revealing and clearing formatting
Bullet Points and Numbering
- Adding bullet points
- Creating and changing the bullet point image/character
- Adding numbered lists
- Changing numbered lists
Setting Up a Document
- Page orientation
- Headers and footers
- Using margins
- Adding page borders
- Inserting a watermark
- Overview of tabs
- Changing the default tab stop
- Using the ruler and tab dialogue box to set and change tab markers
- Leader tabs and bar tabs
- Setting the ruler measurement unit
- Using tabs in a document
Printing a Document
- Setting print options
- Using the print preview
- Selecting a printer
We can deliver this Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course as an in-house virtual course for your business.
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are normally one day in length and we deliver them in all subjects that are available on our site.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
To find out more about having an in-house virtual Microsoft Word Fundamentals training course delivered for your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for. Alternatively you can call us on 015549779.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.