Online Microsoft Outlook Introduction Training Course
Our one day Online Microsoft Outlook Introduction training course will provide those that attend with the basics of how to use this very much used software.
Our Online Microsoft Outlook Introduction Training Course introduces using Microsoft Outlook to manage emails, calendars, meetings, tasks and resources within the software.
Microsoft Outlook makes communicating, sharing information and setting up meetings easier, leaving you more time to focus on the things that really make a difference in your business.
It’s more than just a tool for sending emails. It has many other functions, that when used effectively can save you and your colleagues so much time.
Course Delivery Options
Our Online Microsoft Outlook Introduction Training Course is only delivered as a one-day virtual online training course.
Online Course Details
We run our Microsoft Outlook Introduction course as a virtual online training course. The course provides a practical toolkit and is delivered across one day. Despite being online, we try to keep these sessions as interactive as our classroom based courses.
Virtual Online Courses are delivered live by one of our trainers via our online conference system and form part of our online and virtual training service Skills Garage.
Here’s our current online Microsoft Outlook Introduction training course schedule. To book, select a date below and click Book Now. We’ll send the details of how to connect to your course a few days before the course date.
3 + Delegates
9.30am to 4.00pm
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
- Basic PC knowledge is required and a basic understanding of your operating system (Windows or MacOS)
- The software installed on your PC
- Access to Zoom via the Zoom app or your browser
Those who attend this Microsoft Outlook Introduction Training Course will be able to:
- Find their way around Microsoft outlook
- Confidently use the email functions
- Create folders and organise emails
- Build an address book and know how to keep contact information up to date
- Create and maintain a calendar
- Create tasks and to-do lists.
An Overview of Outlook
- Outlook main screens, the ribbon, menu options and toolbar
- The navigation and preview panes
- The to-do bar
- The other main areas of Outlook
- The Address Book
- Understanding the functions of the address book
- Address lists
- Adding and editing contacts
- Distribution lists
- Creating an email
- The To, CC and BCC functions
- Composing and formatting emails
- Adding a signature
- Open, closing and reading emails
- Reply to, reply to all and forwarding emails
- Attaching files to be sent with an email
- Importance and sensitivity options
- Read receipts and delivery reports
- Creating folders and email rules for orgainising emails
- Create an Outlook calendar
- Add appointments
- Schedule a meeting and invite participants
- Creating and viewing other calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Setting reminders
- Using the categories function
Tasks and To-Do Lists
- Add a new task and edit existing tasks
- Setting reminders
- Create a re-occurring task
- Delegate tasks to others
- Sending status reports
- Entering and editing notes to tasks
- Categorising and colouring tasks
- Add a colour note
- Forward notes to others
- Saving notes to your desktop
We can deliver this Microsoft Outlook Introduction training course as an in-house virtual course for your business.
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are normally one day in length and we deliver them in all subjects that are available on our site.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
To find out more about having an in-house virtual Microsoft Outlook Introduction training course delivered for your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for. Alternatively you can call us on 015549779.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.