Online Live Chat Support Training Course
Our one day online Live Chat Support training course will show you best practice, tips and techniques to deliver high-quality customer service via live chat.
Our Online Live Chat Support Training Course is a half day course that looks at best practice and tips and techniques to help deliver high-quality customer service to your customers who choose to use Live Chat Support.
Course Delivery Options
Online Course Details
We run our Live Chat Support course as a virtual online training course. The course provides a practical toolkit and is delivered across one day. Despite being online, we try to keep these sessions as interactive as our classroom based courses.
Virtual Online Courses are delivered live by one of our trainers via our online conference system and form part of our online and virtual training service Skills Garage.
Here’s our current online Live Chat Support training course schedule. To book, select a date below and click Book Now. We’ll send the details of how to connect to your course a few days before the course date.
3 + Delegates
9.30am to 4.00pm
Price per delegate. Includes delegate course materials.
You can see the full schedule of open courses that we deliver by clicking here.
Click a Tab, Get More Details
This online course will introduce best practice methods for using live help chat software. The course will look at how to best use the system and how to ensure the customer or potential customer perceives the business as professional whilst using the chat system.
Those who attend this online Live Chat Support Training Course will:
- Know the benefits of using such a system to them, the business and the customers
- Be able to identify the most frequent types of requests and questions they may and actually do get via the chat system
- Know how to set the right tone with the person using the system, ensuring messages are not misunderstood or taken in the wrong context
- Have agreed acceptable canned (pre-stored) responses to use with the system, and when to use them v’s articulated responses
- Know when to move the chat to another communication channel such as telephone
Here’s what we cover in our Online Live Chat Support Training Course:
Online Chat v’s Other Support Channels
- How does using chat compare to other support channels
- Why will site visitors choose chat over calling?
- What are the benefits of using the chat system
- What are/will be the common requests and questions asked
Best Practice for Chat Support
- What are the rules surrounding best practice for using chat support
- Handling more than one chat session at a time
What to Say and What Not to Say
- What words and phrases are acceptable to use in chat
- Making sure your message isn’t taken out of context
- Case studies to review
- What are canned responses and when to use them
- What are the benefits and downsides of canned responses?
- Agreeing a set of canned responses for your role/department/business
We can deliver this Live Chat Support training course as an in-house virtual course for your business.
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are normally one day in length and we deliver them in all subjects that are available on our site.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
To find out more about having an in-house virtual online time management training course delivered for your business, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for. Alternatively you can call us on 015549779.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.
Engaging and thought provoking throughout, Lynne gave a fascinating insight into the mind of the customer and the chat operator, plenty of useful tools to take into my new career! Well worth the time Read More
-Kate Skelton – 17th June 2020 – Online Live Chat Support Training Course