Mentoring Skills Training Course
Our one day Mentoring Skills training course will give delegates information and tips for developing and managing the mentor/mentee relationship.
We now deliver this course as an Online Virtual Training Course. Click here for details
As organisations look for different ways to develop the skills of their people, mentoring is becoming a much used method and this workshop focuses on the skills and approaches necessary to become an effective mentor.
Course Delivery Options
Great News! We can deliver our Mentoring Skills Training Course on-site at your business anywhere in Ireland.
Our Mentoring Skills Training Course is also delivered as a one-day interactive virtual training course.
Click here for details
Click a Tab, Get More Details
Here’s all of the details you need about our Mentoring Skills training course. We’re here to help if you have any other questions. You can see all of the ways to get in touch here.
The aim of this session is to give delegates information and tips for developing and managing the mentor/mentee relationship.
Those who attend this Mentoring Skills Training Course will:
- Have defined mentoring and coaching
- Know the benefits of mentoring to all parties concerned
- Be able to demonstrate use of appropriate language in mentoring
- Have considered different approaches when mentoring
- Have learnt/revisited and practised a coaching model
- Have considered issues of confidentiality in a mentoring relationship.
What is Mentoring?
- Defining what is meant by mentoring
- The differences between mentoring, coaching and training
- What are the benefits of mentoring?
- What are the skills required to be an effective mentor?
- How can you develop these skills?
The Mentoring Relationship
- Setting up the mentoring relationship
- Setting expectations
- The responsibilities of the mentor and the mentee
- Preparing and holding an effective mentor/mentee meeting
- Understanding learning styles to get the best from people
- How to identify the styles
Questioning and Listening
- Why effective questioning and listening play a key part
- Asking effective questions
- Listening to responses
An opportunity to practice the skills.
We can deliver this Mentoring Skills training course in-house to a group of up to 12 people at your organisation anywhere in Ireland
We can tweak the course content to align it closer to your business needs. The course will be delivered by one of our professional hand picked trainers who will provide the skills and knowledge and allow plenty of time to practice the skills. They will also ensure that everyone leaves with an action plan that details what they will do next.
To find out more about having a Mentoring Skills training course delivered, fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you. Be sure to tell us what course you are looking for and in what location. Alternatively you can call us on 015549779.
The reviews below are submitted by past delegates. If you would like to see more then please get in touch. We can pull together some feedback from our evaluation forms to help you make a more informed decision about this course.