Modern day businesses have various methods of communication within the organisation. Many of these methods still rely heavily on the written word for example email and letter. Get the context of these written documents wrong and the message could be lost.
Make spelling mistakes and use poor grammar and you look unprofessional. Waffle too much and people becomes disinterested. Don’t match the needs of all communication styles and again you may not get your message across.
In this session we look at tools and tactics to help you understand how the different ways in which people like to be communicated to. We look at how to make the written word sound positive and how to get the message across clearly. We’ll introduce you to simple methods to help structure emails, letters and reports and how to make them look and sound interesting. We’ll also look at how to get to the point by getting your message across clearly in the fewest words possible without sounding harsh or sound.
By the end of the session you will:
- Have a practical framework for producing concise and professional documents
- Have practised new ways of producing business communications
- Have developed confidence to write more effectively.
- Understanding different communication styles and how to reflect this in writing
- Personal branding and how this looks like in your writing
- Writing in plain English
- Making writing positive
- Structuring written communication.
Being able to communicate clearly through writing will not only get your message across quickly and will give a professional appearance.
Who should Attend
Anyone who is looking to improve their written communication skills, or make an impact in writing.
Open Workshop – £249+VAT per person. 1 day workshop including lunch and a delegate workbook.
Delivered to your organisation – Contact us to talk about your requirements and for a no obligation quote.
- Looking at a range of communication styles and how this will help when using written communication
- What is personal branding
- What does your written communication say about your personal branding
Using Plain English
- What are the benefits of using Plain English?
- The Fog index and how it helps with your written communication
- Writing tight-keeping things short and simple
Making Writing Active and Positive
- Keeping things writer focussed
- KISS – Keep it short and simple
Structuring your written communication
- How to structure letters, reports and emails
- Best practice for letters, reports and emails
- Getting the grammar right
This is a one day training event that Revolution Learning and Development deliver on an open basis at locations across Ireland. We can also deliver this event at or in close proximity of your organisation if this is required.
If you choose to have us deliver this specifically for your organisation, we can make this more bespoke to your needs.
The cost of our open courses includes the learning materials, refreshments during the day and lunch.
To book, click here or call us on 015549779.
Or, to discuss your individual needs, email us through the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website or call us on the number above.
Booking terms and conditions are available on our website.